At the close of 1963 (New Year's Eve) and the dawning of 1964 (the New Year), Dale and I were engaged to be married in the Salt Lake City Temple the 10th of July, 1964. I became focused on planning our wedding reception. Dale became focused more on a career and a place to live. He decided to return to the University of Utah so he transferred to a Standard Station near the University. I had another three years I needed to teach school to fulfill the contract with my student loan. I had a car payment, government school loan payment, and he had a car payment. We began to look at our assets and plan, ponder and prepare. He was not totally at peace with the University, but what else was there? We were both country at heart, of which had great weight in our planning.
1963 and 1964 the dynamics of our families were changing. Dale's
![]() |
| Kent |
I (Shirleen) rode with him to Whiterocks, Utah to attend a meeting (social activity), as he was serving as a Stake Missionary on the Ute Indian Reservation (likely 1965). I remember he picked me up at my parents' home where I was living. He was driving his mother's car. I don't know why I remember that, but I do. I was teaching school and Dale was then attending college. Also during these years Kent attended school at Salt Lake Community College. Along with an interest in art, he kept himself busy during his years of preparing to step into a marriage and family.
![]() |
| Vonae Bridesmaid Coral dress with coral satin heels. |
![]() |
| Lanette |
It was clear that Dale and I would be on our own. We handled the expenses quite well except for pictures. I always wished we could have afforded a professional photographer.
I went to Aurbacks in Salt Lake to purchase my wedding dress. Along with the purchase of the dress, they took pictures of me in my dress, and then delivered the dress to the Salt Lake Temple the day of our wedding. Thanks to Aurbacks I do have some nice pictures of my wedding dress.
![]() |
| Shirleen |




No comments:
Post a Comment